NTACT CTE Perkins V Plan Collaboration Summit
12/03/2019 to 12/04/2019
| 8:30 - 4:30 December 3, 8:30 - 12:00 December 4
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Registration for this event is closed. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
NTACT-hosted, CTE Perkins V Plan Collaboration Summit will provide an opportunity for interdisciplinary teams comprised of state and local partners work collectively to operationalize Perkins V plans for access, equity, and inclusiveness for students with disabilities.
While the summit is being hosted adjacent to the Association for Career & Technical Education's (ACTE’s) CareerTech Vision 2019 conference in Anaheim, California, the NTACT event and content are separate from ACTE’s CareerTech Vision 2019 and requires a separate registration to attend.
- State-level agency personnel focused on secondary transition-age students (14-21 or older) in Career and Technical Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Special Education
- Other state agencies that support programming for transition age students (e.g., Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities)
- Local Education Agency representative(s) to support planning for implementing the Perkins V plans
Participants will work in state and local cross-disciplinary teams of special education, vocational rehabilitation, and career and technical education to develop a Perkins V implementation plan that:
- ensures students with disabilities have access to and can persist in CTE programs and curriculum;
- fosters collaboration across building-level and agency partners;
- outlines strategies for data sharing and data use; and
- supports teachers and school professionals in providing students with disabilities’ high quality, differentiated instruction for 21st century employability skills.
Registrants can stay at the Sheraton (where the NTACT CTE Summit will be taking place) or any of the other ACTE designated hotels... https://www.careertechvision.com/hotels.cfm